Sin City (2005) - ***1/2 (Second time - First time on a home entertainment system.)
Director: Robert Rodriguez, Frank Miller
Special Guest Director: Quentin Tarantino
A film-noir lover's heaven consisting of three stories; An ugly mug named Marv avenging the death of is one-time lover, a vigilante named Dwight on a one-night mission to help some women friends beat the Mob, and an old cop on a one-decade quest to protect a young girl turned exotic dancer from a crazed child molestor. Based on the graphic novels by Frank Miller.

Very entertaining, and the year's most visually stunning film. I reccomend it to anyone (granted you aren't bothered by Tarantino-esqe violence), but keep an open mind about things. The way you would rate/view this film is similar to that of a Star Wars flick (began they began to suck). You sure as hell don't pop in A New Hope for the nonexistant drama. It's all about the style, visuals, special effects, and interestingly constructed story-lines. In the years top ten, in my oppinion.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."