Narco State is far overexagerated. But as said before soft laws,mostly very liberal people and politics in general, coffeeshop polticis which are semi legal, biggest harbour in europe and then tons of immigrants who are for various reasons not so close with our believe system and into the western way of life of going to school and work for the rest of your life in a slave like job, are reasons for the special situation in holland.
I personally dont see an issue there. People are not more violent then in other countries and I know that even rich businessmen had problems with influencing local politics casue people are not really corrupt over there. By the way are the Netherland a very attractive country for businessmen from all over eurpoe cause of their tax system which makes it possible to evade taxes in other countries...big time, but legally.

I think the biggest reason for this strong drug game in holland are the offeeshops and weed growing. Everyone can do it and earn quite good money. I know a guy who had his whole house turned into a grow op. One day police raided it and seized everything. He wasnt there, so they just pinned a note to his door that hes supposed to come to the station to talk to them. He did go and just signed some papers and drank a coffee. In the end he had to pay a few thousand euros. But he made hundreds of thousands with growing and selling and this guy was not even big or kinda clever. If i, d done that 100 miles east across the border of germamy I,d have gone to jail immediately for +4 years.

Since i wasnt there the last years i have some questions?
Are the the police and courts still so soft on them? And do they raid grow ops still regularly or do they leave them alone?