Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b]Long Lost Corleone, thank you for the Punch-Drunk Love recommendation. I've seen Hard Eight (Sydney; 1996), and it's a wonderfully staged modern film noir with a menacing foreboding, and the acting is a treat. Can't wait for you to see it. I have Boogie Nights ready to watch in my room, too.[/b]
I've yet to see Hard Eight, But I've wanted to for so long, and plan to tonight. It's the first time I've been excited to see a movie ahead of time in quite a while--Anderson has yet to dissapoint me.

As for Boogie Nights, be sure to get a watch soon. Excluding Hard Eight, as I've yet to see it, it is his second best behind Magnolia, and Magnolia is quite a hard film to beat. Anderson manages to mix a great deal of humor into Boogie, but at the same time does a wonderful job at making sure it doesn't cause the audience to overlook the great deal of emotion and drama involved. It really is one of the modern greats, which is unfortunately often ignored, as people are told about the constant comic relief and hear about the plot, and assume it's all one big joke; And it's far from that. Boogie will probably be the one time you aren't ashamed of admitting to viewing a Marky Mark film. :p And if Anderson can successfully make Whalberg act, he could make virtually anyone act.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."