Originally Posted By: olivant
Like me, some Board members attended catholic school as a kid. Unfortunately, many of those schools are becoming a thing of the past. Here's an article from Pittsburgh about one of them:

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/region...es/201706030005

I attended Catholic School from 4th - 7th grade when I live in MI. I found it much harder than public school. Unlike many who HAVE attended Catholic school, I can't say I have any memories of nuns smacking your hands with a yardstick or such. lol

My school, Our Lady Of Sorrows, named same as the church, was an Italian parish. My parents got married there, I was baptized and married there as were my sibling and relatives. They had a yearly Italian festival (we called it "The Feast."

As time went on, many people moved away or attended other parishes. As of now it still exists and still looks beautiful. However, I'm told as soon as the current Priest retires, they will use the church for something else. frown Last I knew the school was still there. Btw, it was a very very small, 4 classroom school. LOL I think there were 3 grades per room with maybe 30 students (at least when I went there.)

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/06/17 01:49 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon