Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl

The soundtrack has Deserie on it by The Charts which I never re-er-lized (inside joke) until I was watching the movie LAST YEAR. There are so many great songs in the film. Good scene. You don't miss a beat, TB. lol

There were so many great songs used at just the right moments in "Mean Streets." For instance: Charlie, Johnny Boy, Tony and Jimmy Mook are driving to Joey Catucci's pool room, and the song playing is "Florence" by the Paragons--one of the greatest. Then, at the party for the returning soldier, Charlie is drunk and the song playing is "Rubber Biscuit" by the Chips ("Desiree" by the Charts played later in that scene, as did two other greats: "Ship of Love" by the Nutmegs and "Pledging my Love" by Johnny Ace). The movie closes with Italian street singing, the last song is the same one Johnny Fontaine sang at Connie's wedding in "Godfather."

"Goodfellas" continued Scorsese's tradition. Near the beginning, when young Henry is running errands for the Mob, we hear "Can't We Be Sweethearts" by the Cleftones (one of Freed's favorite groups)--perfect match! As Henry and Tommy are about to steal a truck at a diner near Kennedy Airport, he's playing "Stardust" by Billy Ward and the Dominos (the great Eugene Mumford was the lead singer on that one). "Life is But a Dream" by the Harptones (my favorite group) plays, appropriately, at Henry and Karen's wedding. Scorsese also uses "He's Still the Boy I love" by the Crystals and "Frosty the Snowman" by the Ronettes at perfect spots.

David Proval, who was so gentle as Tony in "Mean Streets," turned into a vicious bastard in "Sopranos."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.