Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Scorsese had good sound tracks in his movies. He was an assistant in the Woodstock movie. Listen to the way deniro talked in the mean streets Movie. It was a fake Italian street accent. He got better at it through the years. He sounded exactly like Steven Segal when he did the movie when he was supposed to be a guy from Brooklyn. That is why I call deniro a fake Italian. You know what Irene Cara used to call him. Robert the Nigro because he likes black women. He got Joe Pesci to ask Cara's girl friend to sing at De Niro birthday party. I guess her girl friend liked him and thought they could get together, but nothing happened except he got free entertainment at his birthday.

Scorsese always selects the best music for his movies. He even used Jimmy Roselli's Malafemmena in Mean Streets.

Yeah I know what you mean about DeNiro with his bankers and brokers wannabe tough guy speech in that movie. I agree, he and Harvey K didn't pull off the Brooklyn accents too well. But, I liked De Niro better years ago than I do now. David Proval, plays a good wise guy. I know you know the movie Family Enforcer with Pesci and I think the guy who plays Anthony, actor's name is Lou Criscuolo does a damn good job as a wise guy. He reminds me of my Pops too. Same talk and mannerisms. You know when he starts yelling a little bit telling Jerry (Joe Cortese) he didn't do the right thing etc and has to apologize. That's my second favorite scene next to the dice game scene.

Here's Anthony played by Lou C but I'll still try to find the scene I'm talking about

https://youtu.be/timIJv1Imp4

I wish Pizzaboy was on here so I can show him the sunglasses I like. We had a whole discussion about it and the shades Anthony is wearing are the ones I'm talking about. cool

I saw it in the movies when the death collector first came out. That was the original name of the movie. I thought Joey Cortese would be a star. Never happen he would have made a great sonny in The Godfather. I met him at the Mayflower hotel when I lived there. I had a piece of art I tried to sell it to him. He was afraid to buy stolen property smile. Pesci told me while they were filming that movie Cortese and him had a fist fight. He said he was beating the crap Cortese before the crew broke it up. I mention this on a site that Cortese was on he said it never happen. Then someone on the crew of that movie said it did happen.

only the unloved hate