Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Btw, I may be wrong but I think maybe it was SC who said when he was young Dion/Belmonts sang on street corners? That would have been so cool. smile Then again Dion is from Philly not NY right? LOL Maybe I'm confused.

Yeah, Dion & the Belmonts started their singing careers as street corner singers just as many other groups did. Two minor corrections, though - they lived in the Belmont section of the Bronx (a mostly Italian section back in the '40s and '50s - the same neighborhood as portrayed in "A Bronx Tale") AND they were already established stars when I heard of them. My sister, ten years older than I, absolutely loved them starting in the late '50s.

Thanks SC

This is why I thought he was from Philly.
Were you at the BB meet in Philly? We were at the famous "Philly Sandwich" place (forgot the name) and there was a big old building that had on it's side wall (old/faded) pics of Chubby Checker, Bobby Rydell and I THOUGHT the third one was Dion. I assumed they were all from Pilly. Obviously, I had it wrong. Now I'm trying to think of who the third one was. confused

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon