Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Thanks for the explanations, guys. Really hoping Vacari, Ralph, the usual contributors on the California mobs could chime in.

Did the FBI take any heat for the Tamara Rand issue? I could see how they wouldn't have any legal accountability, considering they couldn't control what Bompensiero did. He was just feeding them information. Still, you have to think they took some criticism for it, perhaps from Rand's family. I'd be pissed if a relative of mine were killed by someone the FBI was working with at the time, even if they didn't know.

In the Nuestra Familia "Black Widow" case in California, I recall something about how the feds knew of plans to kill someone and didn't intervene because they didn't want to blow their case. Anyone recall that? SoCalGangs might know more on this.

OakAsFan depend when Rand's family knowed that bompensiero was a fbi informant. And I bet that the feds said the same things that in the bulger and scarpa sr cases: We don't know that the informant did this,we trusted him, he swore that don't commited crimes ecc.