Really depressing that Kawhi got injured, pretty much guaranteed to be Cavs-Warriors 3 now. I'm a Celtics fan so would of course prefer them to make the Finals but i know they have no chance unless injuries were to suddenly pile up for the Cavs, the Spurs were the only hope for something different.

Oddly this will be the first time the same NBA Finals has happened 3 years in a row. It nearly happened a few times: from 57-61 the Russell Celtics played the Pettit Hawks four times in five years but the Lakers played the Celtics in the middle of that to stop three in a row. Then directly after that the Celtics played the Baylor/West Lakers four times in five years yet again the Celtics played the Wilt Warriors in the middle of that. Then in the 80s the Celtics played the Lakers three times in four years from 84-87 with the Rockets stopping three in a row in 86. So this has been the most repetitive time in NBA history pretty much. Hopefully i'm jumping the gun and either the Celtics or Spurs can somehow pull out the win but i doubt it.

Not been crazy about the playoffs this year, there has been some high quality play/series but it's just felt like it was set on a path and barely deviated from it; the Rockets Game 1 against the Spurs got me excited but then that fizzled out...meh. It's a shame as i thought the regular season was very good.