Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
One thing to consider is that if Comey, as the FBI Director, had evidence that Trump broke the law, why did he hold on to the information and not report it to the relevant congressional committees that oversee it? By holding on to it, Comey abetted a crime (if it was a crime). FBI Directors are not permitted to hold a few cards in their back pockets for future use.

F1,
That's a good point you raise. To whom would Comey have reported it if it's a crime though? Technically, wouldn't it be reported to the Trump appointed Attorney General? Is there a time limit on when he would have to report it?

Also, if it's not a crime...wouldn't it just be a note to be included in the final report once investigation(s) is complete?

I think Trump tried to beat him to the punch by tweeting last week that "Comey better hope our conversations weren't recorded before he starts leaking stuff".

gets, i don't think trump has any tapes, i consider what he told the russians, far more serious than comey's memo, the question i have is what is the real reason trump gave the russians this intel, no US press allowed in the meeting, and now we know why, putin now offers to tell us what went on,it looks more, and more like putin and the russians have really compromised this president, anxious to see how this all unfolds.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"