Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
God is this the third or fourth time? :p

Seeing the trailer again on the DVD for Hostage, some of it looked horribly fake or stupid, like the car crash and Asian woman throwing a swastika blade, among other things, but I'll still see it because of the hype. Hopefully Rodriguez will finally bring a movie that doesn't suck. I'm expecting a good film.
Well, just remember to keep the big picture in mind when you see it. The fakness or stupidity, or corniness were in a way intentional, as they were attempting to stay true to the comics, which I felt the did--the comic's dialouge is cheesy, the action is exagerated, and gives off the feeling of a stereotypical thriller film of the early 30s; But that is what makes them so enjoyable.

Just remember, the thing that makes this film so great is its incredibley unique, and stylish look/feel/And... style :p . I think you'll be able to respect it, on the level of per se Kill Bill. None the less, I find it extremely entertaining.

And, to repeat the IMDB forums, l13k OMG! it not teh swastika!!!1 :p

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."