Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
What I could understand is the Sicilians being angry over is the " Bad Form".

Getting arrested over a bullshit domestic IS ACTUALLY KINDA BAD BEHAVIOR FOR A BOSS, if this is true. It reminds of Massino shoplifting aspirin or whatever while on the lam, okay that was just dumb, maybe not like that, lol....

It reminds of Sammys book, when he tells the story of Toddo Aurello being scolded by Gambino for embarrassing his wife in public. Not cause he had a girlfriend. The bad form.

This is the thing JustSayKnow, the FEDs are all over anything these guys do, the media too. Was this in at least NYC media? Like local news? Would they have clout enough to keep it out the papers? They seem to publicize even the most boring mob cases. This seems like something media would get a lot of mileage out of. See in THAT CASE, it would make total sense for a demotion, cause he's bringing the family heat, AND embarrassment, not just in the public eye, but amongst other wise guys too.....

This makes me think TommyGambino might be right, maybe, just MAYBE John Gambino IS the final word. He's the only one left I think with that type of clout over there and over here... And why would the top slot keep going to like, " One of the click", as opposed to an American born guy?

It's not just that, but it's who his wife is. Cali married into mafia royalty from Sicily, basically married into the family that was part of the group of families that controlled the Sicilian Mafia until the Corleonesi took over in the eighties.

If the rumors are true, he not only disrespected his wife but her family, who were likely a big source of his power and respect. I mean, Cali was meeting with bosses from Sicily like Giannini Nicci when they visited New York. That's how much respect he had.

Wonder what's going through his head? Arrogance? Maybe he has so much money stashed away now he finally snapped and decided he doesnt give a f*** about pissing off his in-laws. In this day and age, maybe they'll just take his stripes and let him either be a soldier or let him "retire" like Junior Gotti.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb