I agree with the posters statement here that the Feds are largely in the dark compared to the 90s in terms of members and who is running shit / making moves. Lack of violence might result in the mobs intimidation being lost but it's also resulting in less flipping , & even serious crimes you'll likely be home in 5.

I think some of the real savy guys are making some real money on the white collar side with construction , real estate , restaurants/bars and money laundering and the blue collar guys brining in some real $ with huge sports books and marijuana wholesaling . Just imagine how much $ some crews in the WS are bringing in today as with the suburban model really spreading them out all over the place and construction, real estate and gambling just booming.

How is a small Fed LCN group supposed to keep up with such a large, spread out and super secret organization like them ? The mob in NY / NJ is forever changed compared to the past and far less violent with less cartel businesses but I wouldn't be surprised if purely from a $ standpoint , it's been the best since
The early / mid 90s when the cartels were dismantled.

I would love to know sports book volume today compared to the 80s as the internet has allowed them to amass huge multi state books that may bring in far more cash today than 25-30 years ago. You can't stop gambling , it's a total waste of time and resources that borders on gross negligence as Fed efforts need to go directly into drugs, corruption and terrorism IMO. Just legalize it so LE can tackle real issues that the public supports and in the meantime kill a mob bread and butter .