Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Originally Posted By: U talkin' da me ??
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Originally Posted By: U talkin' da me ??
My concert highlights start with 1964.... I wanted to go and see The Beatles so baaaad. But, my parents were unwilling to take me, and they were not going to let an 8 year old go alone. cry

FF to 1970, and my parents do let me go to a concert, my first concert, age 14, to see Led Zeppelin. That was wonderful. Lots of second hand smoke at that event. star

SELECTED HIGHLIGHTS:

LED ZEPPELIN 1970, 1975, 1977

CHICAGO - 1972

ALICE COOPER - KILLER TOUR 1972

JETHRO TULL - THICK AS A BRICK TOUR 1972

ZZ TOP 1974, 1976, 1978

ELP BSS TOUR 1974

THE WHO 1975

BOB DYLAN & THE ROLLING THUNDER REVIEW - HOUSTON ASTRODOME 1976

CHEAP TRICK 1978

TEXXAS JAM - DALLAS COTTON BOWL 1978

VAN HALEN 1978 1979 1981 1984

AC/DC 1982

ARMS Concert 1983

Wow! That's some list of concerts you got there!!! Very cool!

Hi, I don't think I have ever chatted with you on here. Nice to meet you. While I was at The Eagles concert in LA, my friend and I were talking to these nice ladies. Both of these nice ladies were very young at the time like you when The Beatles played here in concert. One of them said she got to go see them because her father worked at the venue and was able to get tickets. She said that there was SO MUCH SCREAMING from all the young female fans that she could hardly hear them singing. lol Of course, she was screaming too. So, maybe you did yourself a favor by not going, saved your hearing lol. That lady is thee ONLY PERSON I ever met who actually saw The Beatles.

When you say ELP, is that Emerson, Lake & Palmer?

Nice to meet you Alfanosgirl!

Oh, I would have loved to have just been "in the room" with The Beatles. They were the very first Rock'n'Roll group I ever got into. What a way to start, right!!

The Beatles never came back through on their later tours to Dallas. They were pretty bad when it came to touring. They said one of the reasons they stopped touring was because of all the screaming. But I know that, if they had wanted to have more sound amplification at their shows, that that was available, by 1967-68. So, The Beatles really had no good reason not to tour, only selfish reasons. But, for me, I had to have a band I could see and experience live, to remain loyal to.

So, it wasn't until my Freshman year in HS,in 1969, that I came across the band that would replace my love for The Beatles -- Led Zeppelin. And, boy, did they tour !!!

Yes, ELP is Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Their 1974 BSS Tour had speaker arrays at the back of the auditorium for a true Quad sound. It was awesome!

BTY, I saw the Eagles in 1972... they were the warm-up band for Jethro Tull. There was nothing flashy in their presentation. Very workmanlike.

I just remembered another great concert I attended, the 1983 ARMS Tour. Eric Clapton was supreme at that event !

Can't go wrong with Led Zeppelin, one of my favorite bands. And you got to see them in concert three times. Very cool.

It's hard to believe that you weren't too impressed with The Eagles lol Jethro Tull is good. I had a cassette of his years ago.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer are great. I'm pretty sure they use steel strings on their guitars which captures that crisp clean sound they have. I can only imagine how wonderful they must have sounded in concert.

Clapton is still good to this day. I can't wait to see him in September.

Do you like Thin Lizzy?

Actually, not bragging... well No, I am bragging, I got see Zeppelin -8- times... those were just the "Highlights" I mentioned before.

1970 1971 1973 1975(2) 1977(3)

Never followed Thin Lizzy --- Just heard the 2 or 3 songs of theirs that Rock radio chose to air all of the time...

Ian Anderson --- he's the founder of Jethro Tull. Lots of different styles from that band over the years. The albums up through Thick As A Brick are my favorites. And Rock Island.

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."