Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Ciment,

Isn't the point of an investigation to uncover actual evidence?

Paul Manafort was fired mid-campaign by Trump. Word was that he had ties and received money from Pro-Russian Ukranian interests and that he was "making changes in the GOP platform that were favorable to Russia".

The "word" came from "alleged sources", but Manafort was in fact fired. Wouldn't a true investigation either confirm or refute these ties?

I guess technically the campaign ends once the election results are confirmed, but Flynn clearly colluded with Russian officials pre inauguration.....lied about it to POTUS and was fired for it.

I think a thorough investigation would uncover ties to Russia from other members of the campaign/transition/current Trump team.

The investigation does not end just because Comey got fired. As far as I know it is still ongoing. With regards to Trump, he dealt with Manafort and Flynn by firing them also. All they found thus far is that Flynn got paid some money for some speech or service which is peanuts compared to Hillary allowing the Russians to get 20% of the US uranium and millions of money that her foundation got from shady world leaders including Russians. I did not see outrage from the Democrats and the mainstream media. All they are interested in doing is to demonize Trump. This is all political rhetoric.

Last edited by Ciment; 05/12/17 06:04 AM.