Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
I'm reading Mafia: Last Secrets from Bill Bonanno at the moment..

He talks about all the Commission meetings in history he and his father attended. The 1956 meeting at Joe Barbera's house, the year before the notorious '57 one, was the first Bill himself attended he said.

He explains that there was a big fight between Giancana and Anastasia, because Giancana (at his first Commission meeting allegedly) said: ''When are you gonna kill Frank Scalise?''
Anastasia went beserk according to Bill and needed to be calmed down by his father Joe, the chairman of the meeting..

Bill explains that the remark was about the supposed button-selling racket, but I find it very strange that a guy like Giancana, not from NY and his first Commission meeting would challenge someone like Anastasia like that. But on the other hand, why would Bill lie about such a thing because in this case there's nothing to gain by it..

read in a few books that giancana did call Anastasia down on scalise, my understanding is from what I read, that scalise was bringing heroin through Chicago, scalise did get hit, heard two versions of why, 1--- he was selling membership in lcn,
2- he was selling heroin. I think its a fact that there was a major disagreement.
as far as joe bonnano goes, he was a rat, in one book he laid out the structure of the commission, which gulianni used to convict bosses. and that's a fact.

If he was selling heroin, he wasn't the only boss, or second in command to be doing so. So I find it somewhat unlikely that they'd kill him for that.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 05/07/17 08:51 PM.