Originally Posted By: Stubbs
Originally Posted By: antimafia
Originally Posted By: Stubbs
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Yep because Leonardo is still behind bars and he would be there with him if he didn't have cancer.

If Stefano dies I got a feeling Rizzuto won't be far behind. His only hope now is Arcadi/Del Balso and I'm not sure even that would save him at this point.

I read a blog post from an author who believed that the Arcadi/Del Balso faction is a rival group, fighting for control of Montreal against the remants of the Rizzuto group. The author said Arcadi had been an acting boss for the family and felt he was entitled to the top seat. That's why Lorenzo Giordano was hit, to send Arcadi a message and to weaken his power base.

I'd be curious to hear what others here on the Boards think.

The one to which I've linked below?

https://panamericancrime.wordpress.com/2016/04/06/the-giordano-murder-and-why-nothing-has-changed/

Yes, that article and that blog in general. I'm skeptical because the author isn't a journalist... but his theory that it's an internal split between multiple different Montreal factions makes a bit more sense than assuming all of the violence is simply from the Dejardins (sp) group linked with the Calabrians from Toronto.

There could be three factions: Rizzutos/Sollecitos vs Dejardins/Calabrians in Toronto vs Acardi/Del Balso. But I'm curious what you think Antimafia and what Ciment thinks.

I find the article mentioned above to contain several errors and I wouldn't put too much weight in what was written.
With regards to the three factions mention, others may disagree but I do not believe that Arcadi/Del Balso splitted from the Rizzuto clan. There may have been disagreement between them as to who is in charge but I do not think it went any further than that. The split within the Sicilian clan was among the Rizzuto's and the Arcuri's.