The 51-year old Tony Cirillo splits his time between New Jersey and Boca Raton and is alleged to be a mid-level sports gambling manager on behalf of both the Gambino and Genovese crime families in New York. He was barred from attending Caudo’s wedding ceremony to avoid seeing Merlino, a close friend of his. Prior to his being arrested last summer, Cirillo controlled business affairs at Wall Street trading firm Princeton Securities through a trust and according to sources in federal law enforcement, is connected to mob crews in the Garden State belonging to Genovese capo Ludwig (Ninny) Bruschi and Gambino capo Alphonse (Funzi) Sisca.

Cirillo’s name popped up in a criminal investigation earlier in the decade probing Genovese syndicate gambling activity in New Jersey. In 2015, Genovese bookie Gary (Baldy) Latawiec was indicted for running one of the biggest sports books in the country out of the Tribeca Spa of Tranquility in Manhattan. Per court documents tied to the Polish 78-year old Latawiec’s case, Latawiec’s gambling business delivered proceeds in tribute envelopes of cash to Genovese mob administrators using Cirullo as an intermediary.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese