Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@ Pmac

I think you are spot on here.......

I remember reading that book, the parts where Montiglio is whining about Nino not letting him make any money. Nines response always had me dying laughing, mostly cause coming from a poor background, I agreed with him.

Nino was like, " I charge you 150 ( or whatever) for rent, you get paid every week, I buy all the food. HOW ARE YOU BROKE?!!", lol.. The guy had like NO hustle....

Plus like Pmac pointed out, he's the nephew of the capo closest to the boss. What type of opportunities would a mobster of ANY WORTH be able to get into with that level of a connection to the top? He seemed to dumb to even run a package or a book, or really, he even seemed kinda bad at drug trafficking...

That's what blew me away about Murder Machine. If Dominick was really meeting directly with Castellano on behalf of his uncle, then he really was a total fuckup. I mean if Dom wasnt a halfwit and a junkie he could've had a lot of power and could've been an extremely powerful capo, let alone in a position to be the boss eventually. He said Nino spent most of his time down in Florida so Dom should've been right there to take over for Nino's rackets when he retired.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb