I can't comment on the level of wiseguys dealing in H . My gut tells me there is a crew or 2 in the Gambinios that still wholesale a considerable amount of H . The history, channels and connections have been there for so long I can't see them walking completely away from that business . Zero dominance that they had in the 70s-80s but I can still see 1,000 kilo a year crew

But Marajuana dealing is where some guys are making a ton of $ still , maybe $1,000+ per pound and the transportation is so much easier and quasi legit as your buying from a state where it's legal and probably a licensed grower selling their excess. Multiple million dollar operations likely going on . Also on Staten Island it's an area where if you arent paying for protection , someone is going to rob you - 6 figure type scores. No inside info but this biz in SI still has the old school crime structure . I'm sure same thing happens in Queens area where a lot of Italians still reside . Plenty of old school robbery scores for the guys in the weed biz .