Whats up Cabrini?! Those are a lot of questions man smile and so Im going to answer them for you, one by one....

Before i proceed, I want to state that most of my info on the 1950's and early 60's, comes from the 1600 page document on the hearings about Organized Crime and Illicit Traffic in Narcotics which occurred in 1963.

So... regarding your first question, as I previously stated in my text, the shipment from Europe came through three main points, one was Canada, the other was New York, and the last one was Florida, directly or through Cuba. But the problem was that the Canada point and also the one in Floirda, had still too much heat since those two points were very often used since the days of Prohibition and also throughout the 1930's. In other words, they were quite known by the drug agents. So according to the investigators, the NY point was the one which was more often used as receiving point for the dope shipment during that time period. Now, Im not saying that the Canadian faction or the Florida group werent smuggling dope for the whole Midwest, but during that time they did it with a lot of problems. According to some reports, during that period, most of the caught dope shipments occurred at the Canada and Florida points. It was a whole network, there wasnt any "Mr Big", but instead they all worked together and smuggled their products from wherever they found a "free pass".

Regarding the question on Virginia Hill, again as I previously stated that during the 1940's the Jewish criminal element, mostly associated with Cosa Nostra, used Mexico as production and also distribution point for heroin. This was mostly because their routes from Europe were being fucked up because of the war conflict. Although I believe that Vito Genovese might've been involved in some dope smuggling from Europe but Im not quite sure. So my point is that Virgina Hill was closely associated with the Jewish gangsters especially the ones from Chicago. So theres a huge possibility for her being at least a dope courier for these guys but I have to be honest that me personally couldnt find any good info regarding the speculations. If you want to read on the Jewish guys in Mexico you should check out the files on Chicago gangster Paul Roland Jones.

Regarding the question on Impostato, I came across his name and that he allegedly worked closely with Santo Trafficante and the Antorini mob and also with Profaci in NY. Proof for his close Florida connections was when he and another guy from KC did the botched hit on Tampa crime boss Charlie Wall. In 1955, Impostato was deported to Italy. But to tell you the truth I never turned my attention on those guys, since im mostly interested in individuals with the Chicago connections. Maybe Impostato had connections to Chicago but I couldnt find any.

Regarding the fourth question, the meeting or meetings which occurred during the late 1940's, mostly occurred in Europe, which i named it on purpose the "European deal". According to numerous reports, whenever some of the Chicago guys decided to visit Italy, he first went to see Roberto, which indicates that he still had high stature. During that time he was also visited by numerous other gangsters from different cities and he was very close with Luciano and Coppola, which explaines his involvment in the dope trade. This can be backed up by numerous trips made by his cohorts from the Chicago Heights faction, before, during or after numerous dope peddling problems, for example the one with Galante.

As for Mogavero, he was a native Chicagoan who later moved to New York, so it is possible that he was with the Genovese fam, and it is possible that at the time the investigators made a mistake by linking him to the Mangano's.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good