Originally Posted By: Ciment
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Am I the only one who thinks that Andrew Scoppa start to physically look a little bit like Vito Rizzuto?

Daniel Renaud once stated that he was a man of honor or made member, but if he was under Gallo I doubt it. It seems that as of today the made member status in Montreal doesn't mean that much anymore, it certainly doesn't protect the person. I think that Giuseppe De Vito also wasn't a made member yet he was one of the biggest players.

I think it would be intriguing if certain individuals are still connected to New York. I think connections still make the difference for anyone who wants to assume the top spot. As of now that seems to be a potential death sentence. I very much doubt nobody wants to be the big boss, they just don't want to be marked, so they keep a low profile until the time is right.

About the physical appearance, Andrew looks more scarier than Vito. Remember, Andrew fought his way up the ranks from the streets. Vito was groomed and appointed.

If there is connections to NY, it would come from the Sicilian camp.
I agree with you, they want the boss job but not the spotlight; especially when a war is being waged.

Agreed about Scoppa. As for connections, historically speaking it seems that the Cotronis were closer to the Bonannos than the Rizzutos. But I'm going all the way back to the 1970s. You may be right that the Sicillians, especially the ones who were close to Montagna have more connections. I doubt however that any of them will ever assume the top spot.

Biggest candidates are imo: Cun trera, Scoppa or a Cotroni.

But Sollecito or Arcadi aren't to be ruled out and I think even Leonardo Rizzuto might remain influential.

Btw, do you know the correct translation of the last sentence of the Scoppa article? Google states that "both Scoppa's aren't in good shape". I don't think that's to be taken literally because both are gym fanatics, lol.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."