Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
First of all, at 02:05 Ricca is not present on that picture with Al.

Yes. The guy incorrectly identified as Ricca (and who looks like Andy Garcia) is Frankie La Porte. Capone's last biographer, Lawrence Bergreen, says La Porte was "the only man from whom Capone took orders."

Turnbull I have respect for you since you're an old timer and I sincerely bet that you dont believe in that myth.

LaPorte was very important for the Outfit's relations on the southern suburbs and problably the policy, prostituation and narcotics rackets. Also, according to some wriretapped convos, after Emery's death, LaPorte also acted as messanger between the top bosses. In other words, it was impossibile for him to give orders to Al, since ther were two previous bosses of the Heights faction

Bergreen wrote an excellent bio of Capone, but in several places (like the one I cited), he makes statements that he doesn't substantiate. No, he didn't say why Capone "took orders from La Porte." That's not the only one. Earlier, he says that the guy who directed the hit on Dion O'Banion in his flower shop was none other than Francesco Uole (aka Frankie Yale), Capone's mentor in Brooklyn. Bergreen says he did it "to expand his influence in Chicago." But he never says why--or how. The next time Yale is cited in the book was when Capone arranged his assassination in Brooklyn.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.