Originally Posted By: alicecooper
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Good article Scorcese.

I read that one of the substances isn't even illegal yet. They are altering the fentanyl and the other "cutting" agents to stay one step ahead of the laws.

Law enforcement usually don't go after drug rings unless there are murders attached to their operations, so it's weird hearing them try to pin the overdose deaths on the dealers.

Glad you posted the picture of the chart to adhere to the Furio rule. smile

I've been reading about dealers being charged with overdoses for maybe 10 years or so. Didn't follow the cases to see if they got convictions on it but started making headlines when white suburban teens started to od and die.

Didn't the origin of that kind of go back to lsd? I thought in the 80's or 90's they made a law where a certain amount of hits in your possession was an attempted manslaughter charge or something? Just possession....

Thanks, I need to read more. I just had the idea that the gun violence associated with crack trade is what caused the aggressive policing and law enforcement attention. They can link ODs to particular brand of drugs and charge organization with it? I thought that could work before when there were fewer groups involved with drug trade. Cops are gonna retrieve the glassine bags found on premises of the death and link that to a certain crew?