Gets,

Thanks for explaining the Kindle joke. Learn something new everyday.

I forgot to respond to the Book of Revelation question. Revelation is a prophetic book and doesn't contain commands that believers are to go around slaughtering. It's descriptive, not proscriptive. It's also figurative and symbolic.

So to reiterate, the Old Testament has passages that describe what happened, and that included temporal commands to go to war or even what might be called ethnic cleansing. In context, it was against groups that had been attacking the Hebrews, and the ethnic cleansing was never fully carried out. The Philistines, for example, continued to fight and terrorize the Hebrews/Israelites for hundreds of years. Amorites and Hittites continue to get mentioned as well.

In the New Testament there are NO commands, none, zero, to go to war in a literal sense and to kill others. What there is includes commands like "Love your enemies" and "Pray for those who spitefully use you." The apostle John even says that if one does not love his brother then he's not really a Christian.

In Islam, it teaches that one day the ummah, or Muslim community, will be everywhere all over the world:

"Allah drew the ends of the world near one another for my sake. And I have seen its eastern and western ends. And the dominion of my Ummah would reach those ends which have been drawn near me and I have been granted the red and the white treasure and I begged my Lord for my Ummah that it should not be destroyed because of famine, nor be dominated by an enemy who is not amongst them to take their lives and destroy them root and branch, and my Lord said: Muhammad, whenever I make a decision, there is none to change it. I grant you for your Ummah that it would not be destroyed by famine and it would not be dominated by an enemy who would not be amongst it and would take their lives and destroy them root and branch even if all the people from the different parts of the world join hands together (for this purpose), but it would be from amongst them, viz. your Ummah, that some people would kill the others or imprison the others." https://sunnah.com/muslim/54

How will this happen? By people converting to Islam, by having lots of Muslim children, but killing apostates and by war.

"I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them." Quran 8:12
http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=8&verse=12

Some will claim that the above verse was Muhammad at the Battle of Badr, and then leave it there. That's not entirely true. Muhammad is considered "the perfect model for humanity," and everything he did continues to apply today. His actions and sayings are called the Sunnah, and Muslims are to "Obey God and the Messenger so that you may be blessed" (Quran 3:132). In other words, everything that Muhammad did in the 7th century still applies today.