Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

Billy they had the seat because Magaddino was the cousin of Joe Bonanno.

I don't agree on this one Fur, Maggadino was a power in his own right.

Bonanno wasn't that powerful at all when the Commission was created in 1931. He was very young and probably the least powerful boss at that time. I think it was more the other way around, Bonanno was made boss of the Castellamarese after Maranzano died because of Maggadino's influence.

I don't agree with this for the most part. Do you not recall that Joe Bonanno was a founding member of Lucky Luciano's "Commission" post the Castellamarese war? This is fact. He was the youngest boss to ever head a family, especially in the midst of the jungle that NY's underworld was at the time. He was basically Maranzano's second in command towards the end of that conflict. He wasn't placed on the Commission simply because Maranzano said so, Bonanno was an accomplished guy in his own right. And in many ways Maggadino was jealous of his younger cousin, because despite bringing him to the US, and basically giving him a crew out right, which consisted of Willie Moretti, Bonanno simply surpassed him in power, this didn't take long to occur, according to Bonanno's own words.

Either way, they were both powers at the time you're speaking of, so trying to argue whom was more powerful than the other and who got a commission seat because of whom, is ridiculous. And at no point do I think the Buffalo family had 200 made guys. Buffalo was a powerful family at one point, however the fact is they never surpassed ANY of the NY families in terms of power at any point in time. And some NY families didn't even cap 200 made members.

And Buffalo is dead. There is simply NOTHING GOING ON. I really wish people would kill these rumors, like Todaro Jr putting ANYTHING back together. It's not happening.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/27/17 09:31 PM.