Originally Posted By: faffy444
i have posted this before and im going to post it again.in 1963 mike amico of the buffalo ny police dept appeared before the valachi hearing to give an account of the magaddino family. he stated that there were 80 made men in the city of buffalo, 25 in niagara falls, and 25 in canada. thats a total of 130 made men. he didnt mention any other areas of magaddino made men. such as the utica are which the valachi commision noted had 30 made men. no mention of rochester, which was the magaddino family that may have had as many as 30 or more made men. F.B.I. reports state there were 6 magaddino made men in erie pa. in syracuse ny there were approx 10 magaddino made men. contrary to popular belief binghamton ny was also magaddino territory.not sure how many made men in binghamton in 1963, but i do know the FBI estimated in approx 1995 there were 11 made men. frankly i believe the canada number to be low at 25. many of the men were probably retired, or semi retired, but it doesnt change the fact they were made. consider the fact that in our grandfathers time it was considered an honor to be made. some were far more active than others, some were just "grunts" my point is the magaddino family was powerful, and very geographically diverse for many years. stefano magaddino was an original.

Wait, in 1995 the FBI thought there were 11 made members in Binghamton NY? I'm having a little trouble with that. Where did they say that?