I think Pung probably kicks up something and is "cool" with the Merlino guys and works with the Admin. When the wives and sons/daughters are all cool with each other then that usually means the men are good too or at least amicable, which they are (Joe Pung's niece/Ralph's daughter dates Chang's nephew/Frank DePasquale's son for instance... And she's a dime too btw). I don't think he wants any trouble and just wants to be able to do his thing without getting hassled. I think Phil Narducci is less pragmatic than Joe Pung and has a bigger chip on his shoulder amongst other things. He'd rather not earn to full capacity if it meant kicking up or working with Merlino. He probably has a decent amount of money already so he can get away with acting like that because he's not desperate. Back to Joe Pung, I further my point because of how he acted with Joe Grande in the can which was in the Fizzini detention memo (read it if you haven't- lots of good info). You have to remember that while Joe Pung doesn't want heat and most likely wouldn't go around shooting for Merlino at the drop of a dime just to risk going back to the can after re-establishing himself out here, he is still political and knows LCN politics. People said even Joe Pung was talking in Scarfo's ear on Del Giorno before he was brought down as well as on Chuckie before he was brought down. He killed his boy Salvie. He gets it and will make moves as necessary to maintain his position and ability to maintain good standing, which is what you saw in that whole beef with Joe Grande where he went to Ligambi for permission to have Joe Grande killed when they got out. Quite frankly that's why I think Grande is really with the North Jersey guys right now... To keep him away from Pung and avoid any incidents. These guys don't want a war and they're gonna do whatever they can to avoid it. Hence why Pung said fine I'll go along with Uncle Joe and the party line (he literally said he backed Ligambi and that Joe Grande was still behind Scarfo) and Phil was like nope I don't want any parts of it leave me alone and I'll leave you alone and wont make any moves for the top spot (that could change once Merlino gets locked up eventually though). Phils already proven himself though he isn't looking to have a shooting war 3-4 years out of the can and recently married. He's playing it smart too cuz he's making a powerful point while knowing that Merlino and most of his guys will eventually go away for good (odds are sooner than later), which he can then make a move for one of the top spots without shooting a single bullet and using his rep and backing solely.

Last edited by PHL_Mob; 03/23/17 11:43 PM.