Regarding Thurman-Garcia, it was a decent fight that fell well short of the hype. The trouble was Thurman won the first round, Garcia was unable to adjust his game plan, and Thurman wasn't going to mess with a winning formula until he had to (which he never did) or until he could coast in the final rounds to avoid any chance of getting nailed. I didn't like him running at the end but beyond that, the blame falls to Garcia. He really could benefit from a seasoned trainer instead of his attention-seeking father.

For tomorrow's fight, Jacobs is a live one. I expect GGG to win but it won't be easy. Ironically, I think the best chance Jacobs has is to trade with GGG early. I don't like Jacobs' chances of being able to absorb much punishment from GGG but if he lands first, he has the power to do damage. I haven't seen GGG seriously hurt before but I haven't seen him take many significant shots either, certainly not of the caliber Jacobs can deliver. So to me, his chin remains untested.

Canelo-Chavez will be an entertaining spectacle but shouldn't be much of a matchup unless I am grossly underestimating the weight issue (it is at 165 lbs; the heaviest Canelo has weighed in for a fight is 155 lbs). If Chavez Jr. had his father's work ethic, he'd be elite-level, but he's far from that. If I could only watch one fight, I'd pick GGG-Jacobs over Canelo-Chavez in a heartbeat.