ive read a lot about this subject, and every new book I read, has another theory, it's very confusing to me. I will start off listing the reasons I have read

1.... in joe valachi's book, he says albert saw on television that a pants salesman from Brooklyn {arnold shuster] ratted out on willie Sutton, and had him killed, joe valachi said he was killed for this and also was with joe scalise in selling memberships in cosa nostra. scalise was killed for this reason. what I think about that is the hitman fredrick tenuto was willie's cell mate in prison, so he may have did it on his own, he himself was murdered within a week of the killing.

2.... in the book "Havana nocturne" it mentions that albert was leaning heavily] on meyer lansky as albert wanted in cuba. to placate him lansky gave him part of a racetrack, but albert was unhappy because he had partners, also on the day of alberts death santos trafficante was in a hotel room with albert, maybe to tell him he could get into cuba, to calm him down, he had made threats about lansky,

3...... vito Genovese was afraid of albert coming after him because of the attempted hit on frank Costello, vito got word that both were meeting in hotel rooms after the atempted hit.
valachi says in the "valachi papers" that vito went to carlo Gambino, and joseph profaci, and together they killed albert.

so, was it vito that planned it? was it lansky and traficante?

who did it? for years I believed the gallos killed albert, however in the new book, "the mob and the city" alex hortiss says he researched for his book, and it wasn't the gallo's but Gambino family hitmen. joey gallo bragged about he and his boys killing albert, but, he was a bragger any way.

so,myself I lean towards valachi's account, that being vito was afraid of albert coming back at him for his attempt on Costello, so, vito went to Gambino, and profaci, Gambino was afraid of albert but, with vito's backing he went along, I believe that the contract was given to profaci, and he gave it to the gallo's

I would like everyones's imput on this as the trafficante, lansky link could be important.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"