Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@Tony Pro

You make a good point...

But the Gambinos and Bonnanos DO seem to have a LOT of fuckin crews no?

Like I kept wondering, how do the Bonnanos have Seventeen crews? Who is in em? I know it's been said that there is probably a lot of overlap though...

I keep wondering, are these like full crews, ( with the ten made guys) or maybe 2-5 made guys per?

Are the Gambinos still around Twenty or more crews?

The Gambino and Bonnanos seem to be the most " In the streets" so to speak...( although, the Bronx Genovese seem to be pretty heavy too, the Jersey guys seem to be racketeers, gambling, the docks, you know...)

It might be hard to track the real numbers without the obvious signs, really active social clubs, the usual hangouts ect...

I would be really interested in something or someone looking at the Genovese clout with Medicaid. Parello, Colleti, they seem to have some major league stuff going on with Medicaid in multiple crews...

The Gambino's, I have at 22 crews. The Bonanno's I have at 16 crews. You see numbers of Gambino have 30 crews or Bonanno having 20 crews, but these reports are including acting capos as well as capos themselves. The writers seem to have a hard time distinguishing the crews, even some overlapping one another.
As for activities of the families, all are active, with the Lucchese family being most quite, with the exception of Brooklyn crews, but historically, the Brooklyn wiseguys have always been loud for all of the families.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green