I'm being totally honest here....

I've been in this game a very long time, and in many ways its come close to really fucking up my life. There are no positives unless they make some major legal changes. All you wind up doing is spending all your money and trying to get off sick. Its a really shit way to live.

I don't use on a daily basis anymore, but I just can't get the shit out of my "mind". As a famous junkie once said "they can get it out of your blood, but not out of your mind".

Also, the civilians out there should know this. NOBODY EVER QUITS on the FIRST TRY. Its a process, for some it takes years to really quit. Opiates are like the genie in the bottle, very easy to take the cork out , but next to impossible to get back in.

For the record, I HATE all the subs (suboxone, subutex) I've had my dance with those. I would never use methadone (liquid handcuffs)

Like I said, I'm gonna be honest here. My friends "cat" will "chip" maybe once every ten days to two weeks. My friends "cat" knows a guy in his 80's who has been at this a long time so his cat does not have to worry about fentanyl. The stuff the cat gets is the real deal. But there is plenty of cheap fentanyl laced H all over this area. If the cat uses it all up in 8 to 12 hours he will not catch a habit.The cat will only get a little sick for a couple of days.

I truly believe if they could put every senator and congressman into withdrawal for just 4 hours the drug laws would relax drastically in this country.

The amazing thing to me is that I've run into people who could take it or leave it. I truly think there are those who are just very easily addicted, and love it much more than the average person. I know people that wouldn't leave their house if they were giving it away free across the street. And then as William Burroughs said there are people who will "crawl through the sewer on broken glass" for it.

Something has got to change in this country. Its getting worse, not better. The more they make drugs hard to get the more kids want them. They have de-criminalized all drugs in Portugal. Maybe we should think about something like that.

All I can say is things have never been this fucked up......

Sal