Originally Posted By: Lana

Michael's public image was not tarnished
In fact he was exonerated, without a blemish, no proof linking him to any criminal conspiracy
Michael's lawyer, Tom was even demanding an apology from the senate committee!

I don't know about that. Just because you aren't proven guilty doesn't mean that your public image is not tarnished. Ask OJ Simpson about that.

Michael has been very publicly linked to organized crime, and only got off after the star witness against him recanted sworn testimony after Michael brings his brother to the hearing.

I'm sure Michael looked guilty in the court of public opinion.

Quote:
Kay not bringing another one of Michael's sons into this world, changes little or nothing regarding "this must all end" as they already had a son

Kay couldn't do anything about the existing son. But, if you listen to the argument they have in the hotel room, it's largely over concerns about how Anthony is turning out. This is foreshadowed in a deleted scene from the party, when a concerned Kay sees Anthony hanging out with some of the buttonmen.

Quote:
“Kay was finished with Michael's way of life” but still leaves her children behind in that way of life

But it is revealed in GFIII that she did successfully extricate her children from "that way of life." It's not like she got out and never looked back. Clearly, she continued to work on behalf of the children and saved Anthony, even if she couldn't quite save Mary.

"A man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!"