Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: yatescj7
I agree with you right to disagree. That being said, I never said that was my only reason I voted for Trump. It was just my main reason. And I think it is important to realize why I said that. America is a very tolerant country. And this has nothing to do with race. We tolerate gays or atheists or devil worshipers etc. But when you start to take advantage of that tolerance and start shoving it into our faces, we will bite back. We still have a voice and we are still a force to be reckoned with. Clinton, the celebrities, and all the media, the polls overlooked that fact. So Trump, mainly was a reminder. We will tolerate and have compassion with many views and many diversities. But don't try to force views or ways of life upon us and say we "have to agree" or we are bigots or homophobes or racists. We respect peoples right to disagree with us, they should respect our right to disagree with him. As long as both sides are tolerant, we are all good. When the left stopped doing that, they crossed the line. That's the main reason WHY Trump is OUR President. But the left didn't learn their lesson, they doubled down on forcing their views upon us. We'll see how that works out.

Respect your opinion and appreciate you speaking from the heart. I don't see how cutting off your nose to spite your face is a good idea though.
The mayor of your town has more political experience than the current POTUS, and it's becoming more evident by the day.

Because of the feelings that you say a lot of Americans had, which propelled Trump into office, he became more and more emboldened by saying and doing anything he wanted.Supporters did not hold him accountable. The over confidence and arrogance is what landed the current admin. in current situation. As long as the supporters were busy standing AGAINST "the extreme left"...Trump's team felt invincible.

You seemed to have taken offense to me pointing out that Obama laid this trap, that Flynn (and maybe others) quickly bit. The facts seem to support this though. If people thought that Putin punked or pushed around Obama, what do they think Putin will do with a novice politician who just became POTUS?

I take no offense and have no opinion of Flynn or Obama's supposed "trap" he laid. It's all media fluff to polarize citizens to the current Admin. Nothing else. Voting for Trump wasn't "cutting off my nose to spite my face." He was the best candidate no matter my personal views. I should've voted for Hillary and the liberal agenda? Jill Stein who is weak and has no experience in political or business affairs and is only interested in the environment or Gary Johnson who didn't even know what or where Aleppo was? I voted for Trump because he was the candidate I had the most confidence in, the media and liberals were against him, and because he didn't care about what he said, he didn't lie like a politician. He was up front, in your face, and he was the underdog. Nobody gave him the slightest chance of winning.

And on your other comment about the mayor of my town. Trump is a lot sharper than the mayor of the town that I live. trust me on that. She is my younger cousin. Known her all my life. She has a good heart, a pretty good mayor and she voted for Trump. I live right across the road from her. That being said I wouldn't use my town as a blueprint for mayors. The first mayor my town ever had was Ruey Eaton. Accused of killing a Prohibition agent, escaped Parchman farm, sent to Atlanta and then did time with Al Capone in Alcatraz before he was pardoned by an interim MS governor. About a decade or more after that he became my towns first mayor. He was a good guy though, married my Great Aunt Alice Yates.