Originally Posted By: Tonytough
I'm NOT suggesting the Luchese/ Jersey war was anything like the Riccobene war. What I was reffering to- was tha fact that BOTH Tumac and Harry had the same situation with the bosses.

Tumac only had to kick up a certain percentage to ducks. And Harry had the same understanding with Bruno

So my point was- both wars started over money/ which is a sign of disrespect. they go hand in hand.

According to Leonetti Harry was breaking a lot of LCN rules (whether true or not) who knows

George Anastasia's take in the Crow's book is that Harry "balked at the street tax"

That is a fair assessment, but in my opinion it is best a dubious comparison. To point out first, their was no Lucchese/NJ War. Only one side was taking out guys while the other side went into hiding. It was never about money with the Bruno Family.Riccobene and Acceturro benefited for years by giving a token sum to their bosses. New bosses took over and things changed. For Amuso and Gas it was all about Greed and Power, for Scarfo he didn't care about tribute from Riccobene. He just knew he couldn't let Harry thumb his nose at him and that was the situation that the Philly Family was in.