Who was a better Don: Vito or Michael?

to amplify! my post [from 28 January 2017]

Times were changing

And of utmost importance - Vito was the father the undisputed head of the family

Fredo would never have done what he did to Michael [kid brother] to Vito [father] or Sonny [older brother]

1. Carmela never questioned Vito about the business In fact she even got Vito to help her friend, Signora Colombo to stay on, in her flat, even kept the dog
2. It seems business and blood family were kept separate and both thrived Business taken care of by Vito Blood family taken care of by Carmela

It is deemed Vito kept the family together but Michael destroyed it How so?

If Michael's wife Kay was like Carmela, Michael too would have had it all!
When they married Kay knew Michael was Mafia unlike Carmela [Vito became Mafia after]

If my memory serves me right,
whatever Michael did were to other Mafia people [kill or be killed]

Whereas Vito
1. It seems the band leader took on Johnny Fontane, when he was probably an unknown and helped him build his career
As soon as Johnny became well known / famous, Vito got Johnny out of the contract as Johnny wanted and the band leader lost out on his share of Johnny's earnings as per the contract

2. Jack Woltz lost $600,000 prize horse, Khartoum [gruesome] and was forced to give Johnny the part in his movie [And not because of Woltz paedophile history but because Johnny was Vito's Godson]

This is not right! Why should 'civilians' be terrorised and subjected to such terror tactics and lose out what they have worked hard for? to pamper and indulge Vito's Godson?

At least Michael ended up remorseful for his sins

Vito “I don't apologize that's my life” left a murderous legacy for “I never wanted this for you” son Michael