Fellas,

The Alpo interview that I alluded to is worth the listen.Nobody tells a story quite like NY jail dudes..and Po is great in the interview.

SPOILERS if you want to listen to it later.

The dispute with Rich went this way, according to 'Po. Rich and Alpo had a NY connect who supplies them both. Rich is in Harlem,Po in DC...so the connect deals with Rich and Po drives up to get his share of the bricks from Rich. Pays Rich a small commission for putting the money up to get large volume discount from the connect. Rich also has another connect, Fritz.

Rich tells Po that their shared connect hit a dry spell, but his connect Fritz has steady coke.Po comes up a few times and pays the rate that Rich says that Fritz is charging.

Po comes to NY and happens to bump into the connect, and asks him when he's gonna start supplying him again. NY connect says that he's been giving Rich coke steadily for both of them. Po calls BS....and asks the connect to describe the packaging of the latest bricks of coke.Connect describes exactly the packaging of the last batch of coke that Po got from Rich.

Po realizes that Rich had been lying to him for a while, and that rather than charging him the low price that the NY connect agreed to sell bricks to them, he was selling him those same bricks, but telling him that they were from Fritz and he had to pass along the difference in price to Po and charge him much more.

Po's quote is "Rich was lying to me about something he had no reason to lie to me about. And if this little bit of money could come between a friendship, no telling what he'd sell me out for"