Originally Posted By: Ciment
What I find strange with the Montreal Bonanno made group led by Montagna(dead),which was comprised of Arcuri brothers(exiled)/ JoeRenda(dead)/Lopresti(dead)/Pietrantonio(wounded)/Gallo(dead), wanted to overtake the Rizzuto clan and did not have the muscle to do it.
Correct me if I am wrong but I did not see or read in the news, any retaliation from that group. They received a lot of incoming
but did not mount any substantial attacks.

Even though the first shots came from them they did seemingly lack street muscle. I do think that the murder of Colapelle was a retaliation and Renaud also speculated about it. Colapelle was the one who had spied on Montagna on behalf of Desjardins. Also, after Montagna's murder it was reported that Desjardins stayed inside his home for most of the day until his arrest a few weeks later. So even if remnants of Montagna's group were looking to retaliate, it would've been difficult to get to him if not impossible. Even in Montreal they don't blow up a house yet, that only happens in Philly. And for what it's worth, the media did state that the police believed that Desjardins' life was in danger after Montagna was killed.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."