Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

And this Bruce Springsteen guy belittling the people who voted for Trump.

This guy is so out of touch with working class people that he wrote a song from the viewpoint of the terrorists on his "Rising" album.

I know Trumpians don't have time for truth, so here are facts from sources other than Fox or Trump staffers. Springsteen did not belittle the people who voted for Trump.

Here is what was said in a recent article:
Still, the rock star believes there are “plenty of good, solid folks” that voted for Trump, explaining to Maron that he understands why the message about job loss and protecting the homeland resonated with the same Americans who’ve listened to his music throughout his career.

“These are very powerful and simple ideas,” he continued. “If you’ve struggled for the past 30 or 40 years ― and this has been the theme of much of my creative life for all those years ― if someone comes along and offers you something else … it’s a compelling choice.”

Here's another interview which is a direct contradiction to your ridiculous statement:

"MATT FREI: You can understand his appeal?
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: Yeah, yeah, I can understand that there’s somebody with simple answers to very complicated questions, who sound like they’re listening to you for the first time.
MATT FREI: Do you think the people who like him are racists?
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: No, no, I don’t believe that—you can’t generalize like that. You know, I think—I think there’s all kinds of people that are interested in him for a variety of different reasons."

And your last point, Moe, is not suprisingly wrong. The song you're referring to is called "Paradise," which contrasts a terrorist suicide bomber with survivors of those impacted by the loss on 9/11.

Did you know Springsteen called and spoke to many family members of 9/11 victims, using their stories as inspiration for songs that were on "The Rising?" Songs like "Into the Fire" and "The Rising" were written about the firefighters who selflessly rushed into the burning twin towers. "You're Missing," "Lonesome Day" and "Nothing Man" all dealt with survivor guilt and/or the emptiness felt by the surviving family members of victims. Even conservatives like Glenn Beck praised "The Rising" album for capturing the feeling of post 9/11 life.

But like you said, Springsteen is out of touch. rolleyes