I think you might be confusing 1994 with today 2017;

In 1994, the Gambinos might have started to reactivate their international connections. I can't help but notice this is the same year the CC clan had a 5000 plus kilo load of coke siezed on its way to Europe. Also, this is one year after Riina gets arrested, and if not for Riina, the Pizza connection players woulda never been outta business. And these were ALL Gambino allies who were based in Palermo, and depended on the connection to NY to get money. Like most of that money went to SICILY, Sicily always needed NY.

It's a couple years before Cali is made, and a few years later we know the Sicilian side was definitely trying to reestablish business relations with the Gambinos, through him.

I just threw French in there for the hell of it Furio, lol there wasn't any French group mentioned in the book, I don't think.... The Ursino thing was a coke to over there, heroin to over here situation, but let me ask you this.... Where do you think the Calabrians get their heroin? Maybe Albanians, or Chinese, OR Russians.......

As far as Spain, you mean the money is invested there? I know Spain was like a clearing house for awhile, where you could go and broker huge loads of coke, many crime groups set up home base there, like Russians, or the Sicilian Grado heroin clan. But I was under the impressions the Colombians are embedded there, and that the Mexicans tried to establish a base, but were unsuccessful.

Also I'm not sure if that is still the case, Spain being the coke haven. I think that function is served by the Netherlands now, you see some of the seizure numbers? Plus you got the East Afriacan coast, and the Elephant in the room, the Calabrians with their port.

Also Furio, this is from 1994, I don't think it's the Mexicans all the way yet, I think this is still the Cali cartel era.... That's why they specifically say Colombians I think....

Russians move coke Furio, and if they don't, you better believe SOMEONE IS MOVING COKE THERE. But we don't really believe anyone but Russians are setting up shop in Moscow do we?
(Furio, you gotta check out Gommora, there is a coke dealing real estate buying Russian boss in Spain, another flick I love is the We own the night, lot of Russian coke dealers...)

Ditto for Hong Kong or Tokyo. Some rich fuck there wants coke, SOMEONE will find a way to get it there...

And then there are the guns, the Colombian guerillas, Russian and Italian brokers could facilitate this... I don't know, after reading the Sixth family, and reading a lot about how Globilization affects commerce in general, this isn't even that far fetched to me...

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 01/31/17 08:38 AM.