Originally Posted By: salvi62
You ask any junkie and if they have any experience with methadone they will tell you to stay the hell away from it.

It has a tremendous half life so the withdrawals are simply endless. I know people who said it took them close to two years to "feel right" again. In junkie-dom they call it "liquid handcuffs"

When you go to a doan clinic in Florida, they will start you out at 40 mgs. Then they up you 5 mgs until you feel "covered" so to speak.

Its an urban myth that you can't get high on dope when you are on methadone. I've know guys who were dropping 160mgs a day and still shooting up.

Another thing these guys like to do is mix the methadone with xanax, that will give you a very "dope like" nod. But you are talking about getting involved with two habits (benzo's and methadone) that are actually worse and more dangerous and much harder to kick than just the heroin you started out with.

The other option is suboxone or subutex which I do have some experience with if anybody cares to hear about the ups and downs of those two miserable drugs.

My advice to any civilian is to never even try opiates if you can help it. Not because you will get hooked on your first or second try (thats an old wives tale), but you just might find yourself really liking them. All your aches and pains will just melt away, nothing will bother or upset you (as long as you have dope) All the bullshit of life becomes bearable, I mean the dumb shit like waiting in traffic, standing in line etc. Plus, you will never sleep better and won't even need as much sleep. Yep, you just might really like them.

Then you are fucked......

Salvi

Real talk..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT