Furio,

Weed is no big deal. BTW Henry Hill fucking LOVED heroin. Coke makes you paranoid and in the very begining you feel that you can take on the world. But after years of use coke will make you a paranoid mess.

That doesn't happen with heroin. Heroin is like being wrapped in a warm blanket that just came out of the dryer. And yes, as you use over time you need more to get the same effect. But the drug itself really doesn't damage your body the way coke does. You can use H for years and as long as you were a snorter or always used a clean pin you will have little or no permanent damage to your body (the mind is another thing all together)

I worked in Latin clubs for years where there was coke everywhere (I always hated the stuff) but I saw people walking around with their brains hanging out of their nose from that shit. Plus I know of at least a half a dozen people who had heart attacks in their 20's. Who has a fucking heart attack in their 20's...???

But when it comes to stopping coke its mostly a mental thing. When your in rehab, the coke heads are walking around after three days clean shouting "wow, do I feel GREAT!!! All the heroin users are sick in bed for days and days, you don't even see them eat or get out of bed. They are just too sick.

There is a great line in the Sinatra movie "Man With The Golden Arm". Hes telling Kim Novak what its like to be dope sick. He says to her...."Boy was I sick, nobody can be that sick and live".

Thats a great movie Otto Preminger made and Sinatra was great in it. Its mostly true, but they still show him clean and feeling great after three days...oh well, urban myths die hard

Salvi