Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Belmont
I always thought the vincent falcone murder was totally unnecessary and quite indictative of scarfo's treachery.
It always seemed as though he was killed for fun as if he looked for an excuse to have his nephew commit his first murder.

Well, Vincent Falcone wasn't Phils first murder. The Louie DeMarco hit was, Falcone participated in this murder as well, as a shooter and along with Leonetti, emptied an entire clip into DeMarco. And Falcone had been a trusted member of the Scarfo group since the early 70's, he was a wannabe just like Leonetti was, but once Nicky began to rise in the Philadelphia crime family, he felt Falcone & his best friend Alfredo Ferrara (I think thats what his last name was) were dead weight. So he planned to have Falcone kill Alfredo, as a way to separate them, as Nicky felt threatened by the two and their closeness. Alfredo ends up disappearing and isn't seen around Ducktown anymore. One night, Chuckie & Lawrence Merlino run into Falcone one night, and whose he with? None other than Alfredo Ferrara, so the Merlino's end up drinking with them and getting them wasted, and they start talking, Falcone starts to say that Scarfo is crazy and he and Leonetti have no business in the concrete business...Falcone's fate was sealed right there, as Nicky & Phil basically felt that Falcone stopped following orders and was talking submersive about Phil & his uncle.
I could (am) make a great Phil Disney.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...