Furio,

One snort or one shot of H is not enough to make someone an addict. If that were the case then any hospital who gave a patient morphine for a few days after a major surgery would be sending them home addicted.

No, it takes a while to get a real habit going. You start out doing it once in a while, then it becomes a weekend thing, then one day you decide you don't feel like going to the bad parts of town or waiting around for your dealer and you skip a day. Well after about 12 hours your nose will start running , you start getting these hot and cold sweats and its all downhill....you are hooked.

Another thing.....NOBODY and I mean NOBODY ever gradually reduces their does of H until they are clean. The drug is way too seductive for that. You play these little "games" with yourself, like "well for the last two days I reduced so tonight I think I'll reward myself a little". Then the habit goes back up again.

The only way you could possibly reduce is to just do enough so that you were just a tiny bit sick all the time, even if you just maintain a "normal" you won't reduce.

Reducing is a common joke with junkies. They all talk about doing it , but nobody ever does. Because if you do reduce even a little bit you know how good a full dose is going to feel.

Heroin is like a genie in a bottle. You take the cap off and the genie comes out. But then try getting her back in.

Salvi