Thanks for posting the article about the Castelle kid. Its a shame he had to die that way in withdrawal all alone in a cell.

Did anybody happen to read the comments on the article? People can be such cruel pompous fucks....

I have always said that if any of our politicians or the fucking DEA had to go through 15 minutes of heroin withdrawal opiates would be legal in this country or at least they would give you SOMETHING in jail to take the edge off it. I'm not saying they should be letting junkies start firing off needles in prison, but maybe a little subutex or methadone.....

I believe in Canada and Great Britain it is considered cruel and unusual punishment to throw an addict in a cell and just let him detox.

I have been though some serious pain in my life. I fell once and shattered BOTH my elbows, I've had pancreatitis (no, not from drinking. from too much halloween candy) and I once had a serious bone infection in my right shoulder. All of this shit hurt like a motherfucker , but I'd take them all on again at the SAME TIME rather than go through a "cold turkey" dope kick.

Not only does it suck but it just goes on forever and ever.... Any asshole who reads Wiki and thinks that in "three days" the withdrawals are over is believing a fairy tale. The very worst of it might be over in 5 or 6 days ( and trust me it feels like its in slow motion) After that maybe closer to two weeks before you start to feel like your old self again. It is an agonizing process that every junkie knows he has to face sooner or later.

I don't want this to sound like "poor junkies" time either. Every time you stick that rig in your arm you know deep down inside that someday you will pay for this one way or another. Its like borrowing money and just partying 24/7 then one day the bill comes due.

And unless they are real sick twisted fuckers no junkie would EVER encourage a "civilian" to get involved with heroin because he knows thats some bad karma there.

I say let these wise ass kids who have never had the joys of withdrawal sit in jail for a day or two so they can learn a lesson. Believe me 48 hours of full blown withdrawal is enough to teach anybody a lesson.

But beyond that it becomes cruel. You are freezing your ass off in some cold cell laying in your own shit and vomit and the guards will walk by and laugh at you (some are cool and will try to help, but not many)

Heres the thing that many of these well to do suburban wiseguy grandkids don't seem to get. Eventually you WILL have some kind of problem and have to face withdrawal. Either you get busted, or you run out of money, or there is a big bust in your area and supply is very limited. Its the law of odds, stay a user long enough and you will face the pain. If you have been using heavily for years it might not even hit you for a day and a half. Thats why some of these guys look so smug when they get popped. These little boys have no idea that hell is just around the corner.

Hope everybodys having a good 2017 so far. And, anybody hear from PB ?

Take care,
Sal