In NY, everything is disorganized, yet structured at the same time. Let me explain, there are literal structures and rank, as Bobby mentioned, but also like he said, some guys get money, others are broke as hell. Some guys earn by selling drugs and guns, others simply work a 9 to 5 (those tend to be the smarter ones, and those on their way to being big homies), they try to set a standard for their drops, so they work regular jobs for a short time or however long they want and attempt to influence the youth members that way. Mind you not every set operates this way. Some sets are more organized than others, the most organized blood set I've experienced firsthand is the MOB Pirus, they have lines in Bronx (The Hunts point area), Queens, and Long Island. I personally know the two individuals that started the Ragg Line in Long Island. And their functions, which I've attended, I'll let you guess how, are like, commission meetings. Guys from all over attend, on two occasions we've had fonks (homies, henchmen, associates, etc) from LA come through. They handle their business first, and then the rest is like a all night & day party. That's just how they do. I know most W/S sets operate this way now, flying in their big homies & YGs from California out here on occasion. Especially hood days, Hood days is when that almost becomes mandatory. I know personally those who've flew out to LA for their sets hood day, and while being strangers to most of them, they're welcomed with open arms, after a quick introduction. I got a friend from Elm St who just recently did that, he tells me it was a great experience.

Elms & MOB are two sets that have shown actual unity at most times. And then theres the Crip sets, who I've always felt were more organized than majority of the blood sets out here. There's also the case of guys being gang members of a set, but having more loyalty and passion for their block crews. Rarely does it interfere with their purpose within the main gang, but it happens.