YB & YGz are they're own thing, they are neighborhood gangs with both bloods & crips among their membership. I don't know when exactly it began, but the NYBBA, NYB came to be, simply as a sort of bracket system, it was done to distinguish Brim/Blood sets from their UBN & W/S counterparts. This was during a time when the W/S thing first began hitting the city, once that happened you had guys claiming they weren't under the UBN anymore, or they weren't Valentines nomore, now they're East Homicide Brim, etc. I don't know if I wanna say it like this, but I'm just gonna explain it how it is, how I understand it, guys with rank began being influenced by others who claimed to be W/S, or whatever, and they'd simply start claiming another set, and took some of their "drops" with them, that created a lot of confusion, so the NYBBA/NYB stuff, as far as the city goes was done in part to stem that. That's just one of the reasons I've heard.

I don't recall BPS ever being active in NY, personally. I've heard conflicting opinions, solely on the net. But personally, I've never bumped into anyone who were claiming BPS. I've seen one or two cases of BPS graffiti, but that was years ago.