Originally Posted By: goombah
Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: goombah

I have never seen a QB throw on the run with such precision as Aaron Rodgers. His throws are a thing of beauty.

I beg to differ.

Fran Tarketon during his Vikings days may have originated the art of scrambling/passing. During the 70s, Roger Staubach was known as Rodger the Dodger who was excellent at throwing on the run. However, since his 2004 rookie year, Big Ben is the premier NFL quarterback for extending the play. No conversation about him is complete without referencing his ability to escape defensive lineman, extend the play and throw successfully downfield. Just about every conversation about Ben on ESPN or NFL Network is about his extending the play and it's been such for over a decade. Of course, the epitome of it was his throw to Santonio Holmes that won the game in SB43.

But AR put the ball in the perfect spot to set up the GW field goal. Nobody else in the league does that.

From my post above:

"Of course, the epitome of it was his throw to Santonio Holmes that won the game in SB43." In addition, Ben threw it while on the run with just 34 seconds left over the heads of three Cardinals defenders who were arrayed closely around Holmes, all of them gathered in the corner of the end zone with no where else to go. Not too pinpoint, huh?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."