@F1,

Yes, non cops get away with heinous stuff everyday and the Stanford case is a good example, but because cops have judge/jury/executioner rights over citizens, they must be held to a higher standard

@Cook,
There are cops who fit that description. In fact there are several threads on the forum where people make those comments about the pool of men who become corrections officers.
I think both are difficult jobs. I think all human beings have weaknesses & biases etc, but you have to be a professional and do the job. Some of these cops can't seem to do that.

@Binnie,
I agree with your point. Even soldiers in active wars have rules they have to follow...against their enemy combatants. They can be brought up on charges for not following those rules. American police officers can violate the basic rights of their FELLOW Americans and sometimes kill them and either don't get charged or get off.
I think one of the strategic errors by many of those fighting against police brutality is that they don't bring up the point about the rights AMERICANS have that law enforcement violates every day on camera. People seeing regular law abiding people being mistreated by cops should be offended as Americans.

@Rollin,
I think I know the case you're talking about. Undercover Black cop got shot in the subway years ago in NYC by uniformed cops.....under the same circumstances. I found it weird that in both cases, the Blue Wall of silence was used to intimidate good cops from telling the TRUTH. ....even when a fellow cop was the victim. Sounds like the "no snitching" code that criminals use to me.