Originally Posted By: RollinBones
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
gets........ I thought it was remarkable when the man said to the cops, "I'm protected under the fifth amendment" the cop responded "that doesn't apply here" ????????? do the cops even know the constitution? why would it not apply? very easy answer, they are not held accountable for their actions, therefore the constitution is null, and void. WE ARE A POLICE STATE!!

you would be surprised how few cops know about the constitution.

personally i'm in agreement with Cook and Gets, cops have always looked the other way for each other and will continue to do so until there are independent review boards with the power to actually make them pay. i also believe that when the cops lose a lawsuit that money should come from their union, not which ever city they work for.

there's an old case in Boston where an officer in plainclothes responding to an incident was mistaken for a suspect and beaten brutally, and even he faced intimidation from the department. if that's how they treat their own, you know a civilian, especially a poor civilian, doesn't stand a chance.

good post, yes if they lose a law suit let their union pay for it, good thinking. cities are paying out millions to pay for police abuses. and no civilian stands a chance where ever they are, something must be done to enforce the U.S. constitution.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"